SOME ATTITUDES NEED TO BE CORRECTED IN A DIFFERENT WAY! NOT ALWAYS BY TELLING THEM!

When you ask them to understand you, they don't. When you ask them to feel you, they don't. When you tell the stories of your circumstances, they only feel the weight of theirs so much than yours. The impact is meager when you tell them. Put them at a situation where they feel you; where it open their eyes. Only then they will understand you! 


My Old Bland Shoe
I received a text few days before going for 2020 Christmas holiday; it was one of my brothers back at home. This wasn't his first-time texting me. He's been requesting for my old shoe for quite a while. One thing about people back at home is when they ask for an old or a used stuff, they actually have in their mind a new one!

I explained to my brother several times that I didn't have any extra, but he insisted. I told him my old shoe was almost two years old and was slowly getting ripped off, but he still wanted it. Well, I didn't say much this time and I never replied to his text too. I told him enough. This time I knew exactly what to do when I get home and it was the right thing I could.


When I got home, I gently sat down on a wooden bench, pulled the pairs out of my legs and slid them over to him (my brother). I said "there you go bro, your shoe." He looked at the front, then rolled to the back, checked for the bottom surface, the inside covers, the sides and everywhere. He looked at the shoe thoroughly and realized it had so many ugly wriggles, weak supports and almost worned out!


His face turned into a mixture of frustration and sadness. Everyone in the house noticed his entire system not accepting my offer. He thought I would bring him a new shoe from Port Moresby. He thought that everyone who lives in POM City go around in flashy cars, wear shiny shoes, live in nice apartments and enjoy a dreamy life. What he doesn't understand is that most of us struggle our guts out every day in the city for survival. 


On the next day, I asked mom if I could borrow her pair of slipper. I had nothing to wear in the morning. I gave my broken shoe already out. Though I realized in the morning that the shoe was still there in the house, I couldn't put it on; I didn't even bother.  I thought my brother forgot to take it with him so he would come back for it anytime. But he never did. He came around the house a few times, but he didn't take the shoe with him. I put the shoe back on and I returned to Port Moresby with it. 


Having graduated with degree does not mean a cool job awaits. Getting a job at an entry level does not mean the pay grade is above the minimum. Despite all the truth behind people at home will still want things you can't even afford with your own paycheck. When you try to explain, it won't do any help. Teach them lessons through different ways.


REMEMBER,   YOU WILL NEVER BE BROKE WHEN PEOPLE SAY YOU'RE BROKE. YOU WILL NEVER BE A BAD PERSON WHEN PEOPLE SAY YOU'RE BAD JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T BUY INTO THEIR DESIRES. SOMETIMES IT'S STILL OKAY TO MAKE DECISIONS IN LIFE THAT MAKE YOUR  OWN PEOPLE TURN AGAINST YOU!



Comments

  1. This is a wonderful piece. Learnt some good lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you read it all. Thank you very much Glenda

      Delete
  2. This is really a perfect piece. Love this article bro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I truly appreciate the best compliment.

      Delete
  3. Inspirational. Its worth sharing this experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brian Kingal for the nice compliment.

      Delete
  4. I read this piece with my eyes streaming tears and my heart pierced. Often our families do not know the struggles we encounter everyday, working off the degree we had just earned. Someone once told me "Sometimes I feel obliged to meet their needs that I get go to work on an empty stomach only to return home to eat biscuit and water then meet the landlords rental." Life in the city isn't what others at home perceive. Keep hustling bro!

    #TrixieAnne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so great to have received such wonderful and uplifting compliments from you, Trixie. Thank you very much and I really appreciate you read it.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kiam its very challenging and inspirational compliments crypt here... God bless yur heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaim thank you very much for charming compliment. I truly appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PLESS MAN: Did that Really Make Me a Pless MAN?

I Never Said Good Luck so You Could Come Back & Have it Tried on Me!