Thursday, February 20, 2020

What God Has for His Children is the Best Beyond Comparison!

Does your plan ever change for reasons that you don't even know of?
Everyone strives fondly towards accomplishing whatever plans they have in life; doesn't matter big or small. I have my own plans too since childhood, but some worked out, never.  
Here is a story of one of my plans changed without my input that turned my life around. I pray for a better result of your time on this story. Please, enjoy your reading. 

Photo taken at my work station - 12th Feb, 2020
Having graduated with a better GPA  from the Premier University of the Pacific - the University of Papua New Guinea, I had an exquisite desire to join and or be part of a Graduate Development Programs (GDP), offered by any of the big organizations/companies in the country - PNG.

Just as I desired, I was named one of the final ten students who were selected from the School of Business & Public Policy (SBPP) - UPNG, to be taken through for a GDP called Langley by PNG Human Resource Institute (PNGHRI). Though the graduate program was for 2018, we were selected as early as in November, 2017.

I was so happy that I had a space secured already. This had me preoccupied. I asked my mother to have even a prayer warfare against any restrictions. This was my offer; my dream come through. The benefits enlightened to us completely weakened my interest for other GDPs and job opportunities. There was a great package awaiting at the end of our training with PNGHRI. We would be on demand after our training with PNGHRI as we were told; about three hundred employers would compete for us during our graduation. When such stories were told, who would have walked away from all that easily? Not Me! I just couldn't apply out to anywhere else. I felt so reluctant. My friends asked me to send in applications for other GDPs and even job vacancies that were on the market, but I just didn't want to. I had my space secured with PNGHRI already .

Unfortunately however, the program at PNGHRI delayed. As we were told the reasons were due to shortages of funding. I asked my mom to pray again for breakthroughs. We needed the fund in, the time has elapsed to March, 2018. I was really troubled, I wanted this so badly. Few days later my mom called and said she had an objecting dream about my case. I didn't want to hear that she had such dreams. Or, I wished she never had a dream at all. Her stories crumpled me so badly and at one point, I remember telling my mom that her dream was meaningless. I asked her to pray again, though she reminded me from time to time to look for other opportunities. She was confident, the GDP at HRI was not mine.

As I was tired of waiting, I sent applications out to few training colleges and institutions within Port Moresby, through which I got into my current position as an Assistant Business Lecturer at International Training Institute (ITI). My current job is my first job; the interview process I was taken in for was my first interview ever. I have never been in a teaching field, or any other job fields before.

Despite being employed at ITI, I still wanted to join a GDP. I even checked again at PNGHRI for whether the funding has gone in or not, however; the responses were all the same, even other GDPs that I applied for. This lecturing job never had a single compartment in my whole career plan. I would remind myself always that I was with ITI while waiting for a company to accept me on my application for a GDP program. For more than 12 months I've been sending out applications, of which some I got along through to their selection processes and have been dropped again. Nothing worked out for me. As time went by, my lecturing job became real each moment; slowly and slowly I realize the essence of lecturing; of that part which I help students to understand concepts, but the part that helps me broadly.

I gradually realized that it was more than just lecturing; more than even a Graduate Development Program. The part that I like about being a lecturer is that I'm being thought big time as I passionately serve to help students learn better.  Lecturing core courses particularly; Business Communication, Marketing Management and Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management and Principles of Management enhances my drive and energy to explore and acquire extensively new information. I planned to be trained one way but it twisted around and now I'm trained in an absolutely new, different way.

Just as I would have been in a GDP, I'm in the lecturing program. Research is becoming part of my daily life; analyzing information, facing challenges and providing the right remedy makes me so enthusiastic and serve more. One thing I have realized through this job is the importance of passion. I thought lecturing was just about explaining some words, lines, paragraphs and concepts in a text book, but there's more to it. When passion comes into play, touching the lives of people for better becomes priority.

I may be too young to teach, but having the passion to serve humanity drives my commitment to deliver the best I can.  I'm so thankful for how things twisted around. It definitely was for better and I do not regret now it happened.

Moral of the story: Do not complain when things go south. As I said, what God has for his children is the best beyond comparison. We don't have to ask a lot of 'why' questions. Sometimes, things get delayed  because we always want it happen in our ways. Wait upon the Lord, for where he leads you to is just the best place you could ever be.

If there is one job we should do, it is to check who is in the cockpit of that plane we boarded to. MAY GOD BLESS THOSE WHO ALLOW HIM TO CAPTAIN THEIR LIVES!

Thank you very much for reading, my blog visitor.




Author: Kolly ALANGE 






4 comments:

  1. I can still remember this during a BC class.
    Such a inspiring piece.
    Thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you so much. It's indeed heartwarming to have received your comment.
      May God Bless You Wherever you are.

      Delete
  2. May God bless you too & may He give you the knowledge and wisdom to touch more hearts. #Paruli'sBest!

    ReplyDelete

How Did I Know About Independence?

I published this piece on the 16th of September 2019, on Facebook  to commemorate the very special  day on which Papua New Guinea Got Indepe...